Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Congratulations to Hanna and Wils!!

Before I start my normal blogging, I would first like to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to two of my very close friends William and Hanna for doing really well in the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2012. Hanna in the top 1% of her category and William in the top 2.5% of his category. I feel extremely proud  and extremely happy for the both of them because both of them have worked so hard for this. They are living proof you can do it if you just work hard and keep going. Inspiration!!


CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!

So yesterday I decided to pick up some new kicks because my old ones were falling apart and were kinda heavy. Before getting them, I did some  research on what type of shoe I should get considering the issues I always have with my left foot, weak ankles, plantar fasciitis etc, and yesterday I found the perfect pair, the added bonus : they were PURPLE!


Nike Air Pegasus +28 Women

The cushioning on these shoes is just what I needed for my issue-y feet. Even though today was not a workout day and was supposed to be a rest day, I wanted to try them out so I went to Kiara Park this morning, and guess what! Absolutely no ankle pain whatsoever! Even with my running intervals which I increased today, to at least run a few times for a few seconds in each round I do. They are so much lighter than my other pair and so much more amazingly comfortable, it's pretty wow at how much of a difference a shoe can do. These new kicks make me want to go more! and I will!! 

Anyways, today was a 5.6km day. Endomondo as below. I am slowly getting closer to my goal for July. My goal for the month of July is to be able to do 5km in under an hour. How many minutes specifically? I am not too sure, but I just want to be able to do it in less than an hour. I shall set another goal once I complete this small one. 

Today at 5km, I clocked in at 1hr 1 min. Almost there!!

I will be posting motivational quotes here whenever I do blog , for today I created one based on William's quote and a picture of him running during the marathon.



Inspiration from Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment