Monday, July 16, 2012

Jog for Hope 2012

So on Sunday 15 July 2012, I did my very first Fun run of 3km- Jog for Hope.


It was a good first run. I couldn't actually really run much which upset me a bit due to my inflamed ankle which was giving me issues, but I am just glad I completed it, my very first fun run. small steps!  =)


7.30am before the start, drops of drizzle falling on our heads.

Me, Feez and Bren before the start. 

Approaching the u-turn for the 3km, when I was here I was walking, the pain in my ankle was a bit too much and I pushed myself too much running up the initial hill. 

 My motivator and sunshine doing his 10km coming in at 6th place! Congrats Wils!

Complete random storm trooper walking about after the run. lol.

Me and Wils. Hopefully one day I would be able to do a 10km with him (of course not at his speed tho, he is too fast)

Sunnies from my Sunshine!!
After the run, Wils gave me this, for the completion of my first run. Its something I have been needing for quite a while, a good pair of sunnies. It was very sweet of him to do so. =) 

It was a good day! And I cant wait to join more. The next one I have already signed up for is the Putrajaya Night Fun Run of 5km. I gotta step up on the training, and hopefully my accessory bone will not give me problems. Arches Arches! I must wear my Arches!

Speaking of which check out my new Birkenstocks! The Doc told me Birkenstocks are the best for Arch Support, and I should try and wear them as often as possible for my condition, so I decided to make an investment and get a pair.

Purple ones of course! These were the prettiest purple ones of them all, and the arch support is awesome.

I have never really been a fan of them, as they aren't the best looking kind of sandals. But I have discovered when I do wear them, my foot feels so much better. It's like a constant massage on the pain I feel at the area surrounding my accessory bone. 

Today I did my workout. I was supposed to rest a few more days but I was tired of sitting still and resting my feet.I love swimming, but when swimming you don't sweat and it doesn't feel like much of a workout for me.

The past week, I have been swimming and not doing my usual morning walks/runs. Slowly I felt myself slipping and giving up which I know I cannot let happen.Swimming just doesn't feel the same was walking/running. I feel I get a better workout when I do walking/running compared to swimming, though they like to say you burn more calories with swimming. I am not too sure, but I know my heart is not in it compared to running. I want to be able to run with my friends one day. I want to be able to do a run with sunshine, one day, hopefully, eventually. 

Anyway, so today when my usual morning alarm when off at 6am, I decided to get out of bed and just do it. I was tired of not being able to do my walks. I rested 3 days last week.Even though I promised myself and Wils I would rest today because of my foot, I decided to screw it and just do it, and I am glad I did!

I made sure I wore my arches in my kicks, and I did purely power walking with no running intervals up to the very last round. Only on the 5km lap round, I ran a lil to try and make it under an hour (my July goal) and I did! 5km in 59 minutes and 55 seconds! Yay!  Also, I achieved a personal best at 6km of 1 hour 12 minutes! Yay again! There was minimal pain today, which is also another Yay thing for today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment