Sunday, July 1, 2012

July Goal

Today I am happy!  Why? Well because of the following pictures ( see the dates and the highlighted parts) :






Small steps!! It just takes time, today I reached July's goal of 5km in under an hour! Yay!

Yesterday, I clocked in at 59m 33s, and today 57m49s!! It makes me feel happy, yes I know it's a tiny improvement, but  yay!

Now I just have to try and maintain this for a while before I take a step closer to decreasing the timing even more. Wils says it's too fast too soon. I kinda do agree with him. I need to pace myself and take it slower, I have been doing more running intervals trying to get my feet used to the feeling. It's just so tempting to beat my previous time with this endomondo thing. But yes,I dont want to get any serious injuries either, so for July I will just work on maintaining these numbers. I need to pop back into doing 6kms as well, but I don't know which to focus on. Do I aim for running a faster 5km or completion of 6km. Wils said I should do both, which I haven't tried out yet, maybe I shall try so tomorrow. Wednesday is doctor appointment day!

Oh,I am taking part in the Jog for Hope on the 15th of July, but just the small one of 3km. It shall be my first fun run. I hope that I wont be slow in doing it. Completion hopefully shouldn't be a problem as it's 3km, but it's just that I just don't want to be super slow because I know I cant continuously jog the 3km, my feet don't allow that yet but I shall try my best!

On a different note, my friend Sam has provided me with exercises I should try and do aside from running as below (Thank you  so much Sam for the help!!!) :

Round 1
10 x pushups on knees
10 x crunches
10 x starjumps
10 x squats
60 seconds rest
Round 2
10 x pushups on knees
10 x crunches
10 x starjumps
10 x squats
120 seconds rest
Round 3
10 x pushups on knees
10 x crunches
10 x starjumps
10 x squats



I shall start doing these as well for the month of July. A must do completion!! Keep going!! Gotta keep going!! Small steps!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment